Avoiding the Laundry

The rantings of a 40 year old woman with too many kids, too many animals, too many opinions and not enough anger pills.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Avoiding the Laundry

So what does it MEAN?
That I sit in front of this glowing box and lose myself in cyberspace .
That while I am here, I am ignoring the phone, the kids, and yes, the laundry.
This is my alone time now.
Company in the car, the bedroom, even the bathroom.
( husband, kids, dogs, cats..."Mo-o-o-m?")
Just as my mother would hide in a hot bath, or my grandmother would sit in a church pew...
I close the office door for a little while.
They know not to knock unless there someone is bleeding, on fire, or throwing up.
Guilt free? Nope.
Necessary? You bet.

The laundry will get done- just give me a few minutes.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home